Creative Power at Your Service
Your message matters. It matters to the people you’re trying to reach — your customers, clients, and fans. They need to hear what you have to say. You can’t afford to let your website, emails, fundraising letters or books get lost in the shuffle.
A professional, experienced, results-driven writer and editor can make it simpler for you to get your message into words — and out into the world. Working with a pro writer makes the process speedy, straightforward and effective, freeing you to focus on the work you care about.
Writing By Michele helps businesses, nonprofits, and individual authors develop heart-filled, attention-grabbing messages that stand out in a crowded market. You get compelling content that moves people to action and drives results. And because of it, you can pursue success with your business, your books, your speaking engagements — the things you love most and do best.
Our extended team of writers, editors, and coaches are caring, passionate people who love serving others with the gift of communication.
Michele is a freelance writer, editor, and book consultant with a passion for small businesses, nonprofits, and out of the box writing assignments. She has nearly 20 years of experience in delighting clients with her writing, editing, coaching, and strategy guidance.
A little about me…
My mission is to help others share their “why” so they can impact their community the way they desire to. For two decades, I’ve helped businesses, nonprofits, and authors create and share meaningful messages that connect with their audience and spur positive changes. Whether I’m helping a speaker put their charity inspired book into the hands of readers, raising donations to feed hungry children in Central America and Africa, or solving homeowners’ concrete driveway problems, I deliver the same caring commitment to excellence.
Whatever the message, my goal is the same — to help YOU share the story of how you and your business, charity, and personal message are changing lives. Small or large, practical or aspirational, your story and your mission in life matter. I love knowing we each have a part to play in making life better for others. And I love crafting messages that connect you with the people you’re meant to reach.
Rob is a caring, thoughtful writer and editor who loves a great interview. (Ask him about his chat with Bill Shatner sometime.) He’s also a published author of short stories, a musical, and two graphic novel series through his publishing house, Soul Fiction Factory.
Helen is a detail-oriented line editor, proofreader, and transcriber who enjoys supporting authors and nonprofits put their message into the world.
Brooklyn & Queenie
Like any good editing team, we have a professional, well-fed duo of cat assistants who proudly warm our notepads, paw through our paperwork, keep an eye on our laptops, and generally make sure that if anyone is sleeping on the job around here, it’s them.
These guiding principles define how we do business and what you can expect when you team with us. We seek to…
- Be an example of honorable business and living, treating everyone with respect and kindness.
- Be an open source of information — connecting customers with the people and facts they need to make smart decisions about their business and books.
- Provide excellent customer service to every client — with on-time delivery, quick responses, and honest treatment.
- Deliver top-quality content services through consistently superior deliverables that keeps customers coming back for more.
- Give back to our community through service, generosity, mentorship, and other opportunities to make a difference.
- Work only with clients who are a positive influence in the community.
- Be a positive, encouraging voice that supports others as they pursue their business and their book dreams.
Hours of Operation
Our team works remotely, and we’re easily available by text and email during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30 PM Central.
Memberships and Community
- Freelancers Union
- Non-Fiction Authors Association
- Writing Well Creative Writing Workshop
- Tulsa Writers Syndicate